Cold Sesame Noodles with Spiralized Zucchini
Cold Sesame Noodles with Spiralized ZucchiniCuisine: American
4 oz whole wheat spaghetti uncooked
1 medium-sized zucchini spiralized
2 large carrots spiralized or shredded
2 cups chickpeas 19 oz can, drained & rinsed
green onions to garnish
sesame seeds to garnish
- Almond Butter Sauce:
1/4 cup almond butter
1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
1 clove garlic minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce I use reduced sodium
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional; omit for non-spicy version
- ok pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water and set aside to cool completely.
- Portion out pasta, zoodles, carrot noodles and chickpeas between four 2-cup storage containers. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Stir or shake together all almond butter sauce ingredients, and divide amongst 2 oz storage containers.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. This recipe is not freezer-friendly.
- To Serve
- Enjoy cold. Drizzle with the almond butter sauce and toss up before serving.
- Almond butter may be swapped with any other natural nut butter.