Make this healthy & easy plant-based recipe for lunch or dinner! Give this video a thumbs up if you tried this recipe
▶️ Please Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/c/FoodImpromptu
▶️ Follow me on:
⦁ Instagram:⦁ https://www.instagram.com/foodimpromptu.original/
⦁ Pinterest:⦁ https://www.pinterest.ca/foodimpromptu/
▶️ INGREDIENTS for Quinoa Recipes: (2 to 3 servings)
1 cup/190g Quinoa (soaked for about 30 minutes)
2 to 3 Tbsp Olive oil
1 cup/ 140g Onion
1 Tbsp Garlic – finely chopped (3 to 4 garlic cloves)
1/2 Tsp Turmeric
1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Tsp Ground Coriander
1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
Salt to taste (I have added total 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt)
1 cup / 140g Carrots
1/2 cup / 70g Frozen Green Peas (If you are using fresh uncooked peas then add it to the pan along with the carrots)
1 cup / 240ml Water
1/4 cup / 35g Almonds (Toasted)
1/4 cup / 35g Pine nut (toasted) or nuts/seeds of choice
1/4 cup /35g Raisins – very finely chopped
1/3 cup / 15g Parsley
Lemon juice to taste (I have added 1 tablespoon)
Drizzle of Olive Oil (Optional) – use a good quality olive oil, I have added organic cold pressed Olive oil
Start by thoroughly washing the quinoa until the water runs clear and then let it soak in water for about 30 minutes.
Dry roast the chopped almonds for about 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat and then add pine nuts and roast for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside for later.
Wipe the pan clean and add cooking oil, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Adding salt to onion will release it’s moisture and help it cook faster so please don’t skip it. Fry the onion on medium-high heat until it just starts to caramelize.
Once the onion has started, reduce the heat to medium or low (depending on the heat of your stove). Add the finely chopped garlic and continue to fry for a minute or until fragrant. Then add spices (Turmeric, Ground Cumin, Ground Coriander, Cayenne Pepper) and mix well. Right away add the carrots, soaked quinoa, salt and water to the pan. Bring the water to a rapid simmer and then reduce the heat to low and cook it covered for about 20 to 25 minutes. (It took me 20 minutes to cook the quinoa on my stove).
Uncover and add the frozen peas and turn off the heat. Mix well. Please note, if you are using fresh uncooked peas then add it to the pan along with the carrots.
Add the parsley, raisins, lemon juice and drizzle of olive oil to finish. Check for seasoning and add salt if needed. Ready to serve. This can be eaten both warm and cold.
▶️ IMPORTANT TIPS:
– Thoroughly wash the quinoa, this will get rid of any impurities/gunk/bitterness and will give a cleaner taste to the quinoa. Also, once soaked, drain the water properly from the quinoa otherwise it will turn soggy when cooked
– Adding salt to onion will release it’s moisture and will help it cook faster so please don’t skip it
-If you are using fresh uncooked peas then add it to the pan along with the carrots.
– Turn the heat to medium-low to low before adding the garlic and spices. This will prevent them from burning
– Every stove is different, so if needed adjust the cooking time and the heat of your stove accordingly
– Raisins takes this dish to the next level, so I highly recommend it. Also, it’s important that you finely chop the raisins so that it can disintegrate/melt in the dish
– This recipe is perfect for meal prep and can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.
– This can be eaten both warm and cold
#vegan #plantbased #recipes
Thanks for watching the video Quinoa Bowl (Curry Flavoured) (Plant-Based) | Best Vegan Quinoa Recipe!